Sunday 9 December 2012

EARLY MORNING MIST

 

Early Morning Mist

A light and wispy blanket covers the fields
No deeper than the shoulder of a man,
Drawn from the frosty ground
By the first rays of the weakling sun
As it slowly steals the morning
From the wayward realms of night.
As ethereal and insubstantial, it is,
As the dreams that just an hour ago
Clouded my sleeping brain.
They vanished just as quickly into dawn,
And I was drawn from sleep
To go and walk amongst the mist,
Evading all responsibility for unconscious thoughts.
That is now the remit of the rooks
Assembled in the hedgerow oaks,
And the solitary hare.


 
 

1 comment:

joan said...

Hi Pete, I just came across your blog. I really like "Early Morning Mist". I have a photo blog and wonder if you mind if I share this poem on my blog. Of course, I will give you credit.

Thanks for your consideration,

Joan - Downeydailyphotos.com